Elements of Design


When I was in second semester, I learned about creative and graphic design. In that class, the use of photoshop and  illustrator is compulsory. We learned on how to edit and create an interesting design. This subject is quite tough for me in the beginning as I don't have any basic knowledge about designing and editing. I had some difficulties in using the softwares. Luckily, with the help of my lecturer and friends, I did it! Here I want to share some of my design that I created and edited. It is not from a professional designer so mine have a lot of imperfectness in my design.

Accoding to Charles Eames, a plan for arranging elements in such way as best to accomplish a particular purpose. This shows that elements of design are the vocabulary of graphic design. Besides,, the fundamental ideas about the practice of good visual design. The elements in desgin is important as it is the first step in creating successful visual compositions.

There are five elements of design which are line (anything that connecting two or three points), shape (anything that has width and height), size (how large and small something is), colour (conveys moods, creates images, attract attention and identifying object) and texture (the look or feel of a surface)

 The front page of my brochure

The back page of my brochure

We were assigned to make a themepark brochure and the template that I used was tri-fold. I choosed Legoland Japan for my brochure. I used illustrator to edit the brochure and photoshop to crop the image. All the images that I used in my design is from Google.

My Upin & Ipin poster

My lecturer also assigned the student to make a poster. The theme is Upin & Ipin. The photo of Upin & Ipin was chosen by the lecturer. The poster must be in landscape mode.

To complete the tack, I need to include my photo and in order to do that, I used photoshop to edit and crop the poster. I also need to create texts and background to make the poster look creative and interesting. Oh, did I told you, my poster was on top 3 in my class? lol

My typography poster

I also learned on how to make a typography poster. I need to create about 20 words. The words must be interesting and creative. Then, I need to choose about five different fonts and changed another 10 words to image. My sentence is: Last night, I dreamt I was kidnapped and murdered by a wizard and when I wake up, I am eating with Harry and Hermoine at Hogwart. So, after consulting with my lecturer, this is my final typography poster.

So, that are some of my desgin that I learned. Through this subject, I gained more knowledge about what is design and how to perform our design in a creative and interesting way. And I really enjoy the class ;)

8 Comments

  1. design brochure tu interesting sangat!

    and congrats for being top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawanya! untung nya alahai org yg pandai design ni. lama lama boleh berbisnes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your brochure! All the chosen colour fits together. Btw, I am a self-learned graphic designer so I find it is so interesting to know someone learned graphic design in different way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment