Food Review - Aidilbadri Strawberries Cafe' and Farm

 Salam & hi everyone.

Image from Aidilbadries Strawberries Facebook


I am thinking of reviewing some restaurants and cafés that I have visited in Cameron Highlands since it is one of the tourist attractions. Maybe some of you can find these review as a guideline when you are here. I am also thinking of reviewing some places here. But, I am still contemplating whether I can commit to post frequently or not. Maybe one day I will try to post that. I hope I can consistent with this positive spirit. As of now, let's go back to the topic, in this post I want to review AidilBadri Strawberries Café & Farm.

 

I just visited Aidilbadri Café in the last two weeks. This café is located in Kampung Taman Sedia. Fun fact, I jogged and walked to reach there (around 3km) since I need to lose some calories before start eating. At first, I wanted to try Abang Strawberry but there were too many people and it looked cramped there. So, I changed my mind to eat at AidilBadri’s since it is just facing to each other and my mission was to eat Nasi Lemak Ayam, and both restaurant have nasi lemak . Maybe, next time I will try Abang Strawberry.

 

When I arrived there, I took the menu and grabbed a paper and pencil that was provided there. Throughout the menu, I would say, they served almost everything, from Malay to western food and desserts. They have waffle, nasi lemak strawberi (the most famous nasi lemak in Cameron), brownies, ice cream, fries, nugget, scones, strawberry milkshake, roti bakar and all. So I decided to have Nasi Lemak Sambal Strawberi with Ayam Goreng (RM15.00). It also come with Serunding Daging Strawberi, and I also ordered Roti Titab (RM3.00) with Teh ‘O’ Strawberi Ais (RM3.00).

 

The waiting time is also not too long. I would say after 5 minutes, everything has already come to my table. Disclaimer – In this post, I only review the experience that happened to me. The taste and everything is my personal opinion. Some people would have different opinions.


My first meal was Nasi Lemak. I rated 8/10. The rice is perfectly cooked and I like the green colour. It looks tempting. Same goes for the sambal strawberi, it was tasty sambal for me. Not too spicy and oily, the sweetness also is just nice. But I can’t taste the strawberry in sambal and I would prefer the rice to be more ‘clean’ which is not too much ginger and garlic/onions since I am not a favorite of those items. But I understand that nasi lemak with sambal should have those things. So, it is not a big problem for me as I can just put it aside. For the fried chicken (Ayam Goreng Special AB), as for me, the ayam goreng is a normal ayam goreng which tastes like ayam goreng. That’s all I can describe. Nothing extraordinary about it but the texture is still good. Next, come to my favorite part which was serunding daging strawberi. I would like to rate it 1000/10! The serunding was really good! I can taste the strawberry compared to the strawberry in the sambal. The daging is also crunchy but not too hard. The taste between the beaf and strawberry is balanced. As a person with braces, the serunding daging texture was good, not too chewy and not too hard. How much do I like this serunding? I can just eat the serunding only, without any nasi lemak. Serunding Strawberi Aidilbadri is highly recommended by me.



Move to the next food, Roti Titab! Roti Titab comes with kaya and pandan jem, together with telu goyang/telur separuh masak. Roti Titab I rates 7/10. The bread is just normal bread like roti gardenia, not the thick loaves bread – thick bread tastes better. But it is okay. Gardenia bread is also tasty. Then, the kaya jem is not my thing. It is thick and rich in flavour but the texture is not like kaya jem. And the taste was too sweet for me. Nevertheless, the pandan jem is really tasty. I love pandan jem, it tastes pandan (obviously) and not too sweet apart the texture is also smooth. For the egg, it is just an egg. Nothing tastes different. But for me as an egg lover, I like when the yolk is melted and not 100% cooked. When you dip the bread together with the jem and the egg, it taste delightful!



Last but not least, the ice strawberry tea is just perfect to end my mouth workout. I rated it 9/10. It is not too sweet, I still can taste the tea. The balance between tea and strawberi is 50/50. I can taste both!


To put everything in a nutshell, you should try Aidilbadri Strawberries Café & Farm. As I mentioned earlier, they have various types of food and you can try it all. They also have a strawberry farm just at the back of the café. You can go inside but need to register first at the counter. I didn’t have the chance to go to the farm as I was already tired of jogging. That’s all from me. Till we meet again in the next post.

Post a Comment