How To Reduce Weight

Assalam & Hi everyone.

I cant remember when was my last post in this blog. I am feeling that I need to update my blog and trying to be more active here. Balancing my personal life and work life is really tiring. Therefore, my topis for today is Healthy Lifestyle. I have been thingking deeply if this topic is suitable for me to write about (considering on if I have a heathy & fit body (?) Nevertheless, I still want to share with you some tips on what I used to do when I practicing my healthy diet and workout. Almost 1 year I leave my diet and I try to start back as my weight is starting to gain T_T

Before that, let me tell you I used to weight 77kg (WHAT?!!) and managed to reduce to 47kg in 4 months hehehe. And below are some tips that help me 

1) Calories Deficit

This is the best tip that you should practice. Calories deficit is when you eat / consume less calories then your body should have in a day. Before this, I used to eat a lot but when I start calories deficit, I need to eat less. At first, it is really hard for me but after 1 to 2 weeks, my body start to adjust itself. In calories deficit, I didn't cut any sugar or fat, I just reduce the quantity of it. As you can tell, those sugar and cholesterol has huge amount of calories.

2) Intermittent Fasting (IF)

I love IF. Because I can skip meals and no need to worry on what I should eat on my next meals. The normal practice of IF is 16/8 which limiting your intake of foods and calorie-containing beverages to a set window of 8 hours per day. You cannot eat any food for another 16 hours but you still can drink plain water or any non calories drink like plain coffee or tea. Throughout my experiences, my longest IF is almost 48 hours of not consuming any food. But it is dangerous for health as I lost of energy and become really tired. If you want to try IF, you can practice with 16/8 rules. 

3) Fruits & Protein

Before that, let me tell you that I hate veges. I 'allergic' to any food that is green! If you like veges, it is a bonus for you as veges contain good nutrition and can help you fasten your metabolism. As for me, I only like fruits, any kind of it. Apple, watermelon and banana are my top 3. Eating fruits is linked to a lower risk of many chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Apples may also promote weight loss and improve gut and brain health. On the other side, if you want to lose weight, aim for a daily protein intake. One research from National Library of Medicine stated that high-protein diet can have powerful and beneficial effects. These include lower levels of hunger hormones and cravings, increased satiety and even a greater number of calories burned. Meaning that you can stay full for a longer time. My favorite proteins is always Chicken ^_^. Oh and I didn't consume any kind of protein boaster. 

4) Workout

This is my 1st step in reducing weight even thought most of the tips stated that 80% from the food and only 20% from the workout. Nevertheless, it is still an important practice in reducing weight and to maintain your body. I only workout 2 times in a day (5-6 days in a week), in the morning and evening.  Workout also has many type such as HIIT, Aerobic / Cardio and Weight Training.

  • HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - HIIT workout involves you doing intervals of exercise that range from between 10 seconds and eight minutes in duration, with you working at around 80-90% of your maximum heart rate for that period of time. HIIT workout didn't take much time, it only consume around 20-30 minutes. And the important key is not on how long you can exercise, but the way you exercise with correct intensity. I am practicing this kind of exercise and believe me, the amount of sweat just woww! And after several days, your body feel light. You can search this workout at YouTube. There are many kinds of HIIT workout that you can try. 
  • Cardio - Cardio or aerobic exercise involves any rhythmic activity that increase your heart rate into your target heart rate zone. This is the zone where you burn the most fat and calories. This is the easiest or 'laziest' workout that you can try. Even walking also can consider as cardio exercise. As for me, I love walking, jogging and cycling. Just put some songs when you exercising, then you are ready to go. It give much more excitement throughout your exercises. 
  • Weight Training - This kind of workout use weight for resistance. This training can help in boasting your body strength and muscle. Strength training can take place by weight machines or free weights like barbells as well as dumbbells. Some strength training methods, including applying resistance bands or your own weight, can also help you gain strength. My example, I don't like to go to the gym, so I only use my body weight for this exercise, like squat and plank.

5) Avoid Stress 

Did you know, stress also can lead to un-healthy lifestyle? Some of you might be stressed out during your diet. "When my weight will loss? I already followed many tips but having no result at all?" What I told you earlier, I succeed to lost 30kg in a freaking 4 months! All the journey take times. You just need to enjoy your diet. Change your mindset that diet is a lifestyle, that not a choice. Enjoy your healthy lifestyle and at the end of the day, the success is yours. 

In a nutshell, you are the only person that can change yourself. If you want to have a good health and fit body, you should start now! And remember, enjoy the lifestyle, do not need to rush. 

5 Comments

  1. Nice info. Boleh try tips ni. Memang nak kurang berat badan sekarang ni. Lagi 10kg nak kurangkan. heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waah work out 2 times a day dah cukup intensif. Kalau ikut Pakar Fitness Malaysia, Kevin Zahri, buat senaman dalam 3 kali seminggu untuk bagi badan tak stress. Papepun, whatever suits our needs kan. Stay fit and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam bw here! nak change habit tu agak sukarkan? macam saya pulak ada masalah kulit maybe sedikit sebanyak tips ni can help mee gittuh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah. kita pun ada entri jugak mcm mana nak kuruskan badan. rasa seksa sangat kalau badan berat huhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. kena banyak baca cerita lost weight orang, baru datang semangat nak diet, berat takleh bawa bincang dah sekarang ni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment