Food Review : Warong Ikat Tepi

Salam & hi everyone,


What else you are craving for when you wake up every morning besides a good nasi lemak with fried chicken? As a proud Malaysian, that is taste of heaven on earth. So, today I would like to review on one of my favourite eating places in Cameron Highlands which is Warong Ikat Tepi, located at Kg. Taman Sedia. I has been here for so many times and I really love the nasi lemak and roti canai apart the prices also cheap compared to other places. So, last sunday I went there since my stomach begged for nasi lemak.

This places open every morning till afternoon except on Tuesday. I like this place because the environment is more to kampung / village style. The menu also based on Malay local food such as nasi lemak, mee kari, roti canai and roti bakar. Besides, they also have mango cheesecake from Kula Cakes. Haven’t try the cheesecake here yet but I already tried it at their bakery in Kuantan once.


If you want to eat here, I would suggest some of menu that are delicious and marvelous. Firstly, my favourite food is nasi lemak sambal strawberi with fried chicken. This is their signature menu here. As a nasi lemak lover, this nasi lemak is really good and tasty. I would say one of the top nasi lemak in Cameron Highlands. The aroma of the rice really awake my tummy to be fed. I can smelt the pandan and the rich of santan in there. The ayam goreng is really crispy and juicy. I can taste ayam goreng with full of flavour. Even the chicken just fried with oil, but I am sure the spice is really good. Besides, the sambal strawberi also nice. I can see a bit of strawberry there and still can taste the sambal with enough amount of spiciness and sweetness.


Secondly, I would suggest the roti canai served with dhal and curry. If you like lamb, you can add on lamb curry. The lamb is really tender and juicy. Roti canai here is also very good. Crispy on the outside and really soft in the inside. And believe me if you only ordered 1 roti canai, it surely not enough and you will definitely want to eat more.


Moreover, don’t forget to try their roti bakar. The bread that they are using is not like gardenia or any other bread like that. They use another bread that are really thick and fluffy. It serves together with kaya jem and butter.

That’s all I could describe my experience there. I will come back again and again because all of the food is really good and the price is also affordable.

P/s : I also suggested this stall to my family and all of them really enjoyed it.

1 Comments

Post a Comment